Photo credit Tim Summers
Dance Healing integrates dance, meditation & dance/movement therapy tools to co-create a unique space for people of all experiences and abilities to embody our authentic selves.
The journey of self discovery begins with listening to where your body asks you to be and moving into what arises. The practice is to listen and let go of judgement again and again, inviting a natural re-alignment with our body-heart-mind.
When we move into our presence, we automatically transform.You will be guided through meditation, movement fundamentals, improvisations and reflective practices that invoke your inherent body wisdom.
Take away new self awareness and tools to bring inspiration and grounding to your every day life.
You are a resilient and creative creature. In this outdoor series, we will attune to our body wisdom and explore our intimate connection with nature. By integrating embodied consciousness with dance and dance/movement therapy techniques, we will practice listening to what emerges within ourselves without judgement. By moving our presence with mindfulness and creativity we can integrate the lessons our body has to show us. Restore your connection to your authentic self and bring home tools to continue your path with new awareness and support.
. . . Sunday, June 17 — Balance
Within nature there is inherently chaos. We often avoid chaos in an attempt to control what we know. By gently surrendering into spaces unknown, we may explore gently moving into the energy of chaos and restoring a more authentic sense of balance.
. . . Sunday, July 15 — Boundaries
By practicing being at home in ourselves, we can feel when we leave our home or disconnect from our bodies. This workshop explores elements of breath and shape to sense our energetic and body boundaries. With this awareness we gain agency to choose when we want to let things or energies wash through us, or when it serves us to have a clear boundary.
. . . Sunday, August 12 — Bounty
How is your body and life abundant? This is a season to enjoy the fruits of our harvest and en-joy being. By gently listening to spaces that do not feel seen in our bodies, we will invite new patterns of awareness and explore moving with our wholeness. Where attention goes, energy flows, and we can invite more positive energy to your being and path.
- Enter the park on NW Carkeek Park Rd.
- Follow the one-way to the Salmon Slide - Carkeek Park Playground.
- You may park here or continue on the road past the beach and turn right on the road before the picnic tables by Piper's Creek. This road takes you right to the parking lot at Model Airplane Field.
- If you park by the playground/beach, continue South past the beach overpass onto Piper's Creek Trail along the railroad tracks. This trail will lead quickly into Model Airplane Field on your left.
- People of all physical abilities and experiences warmly welcomed.
- Everything in Dance Healing is an invitation and you are welcome to opt in/out at your own comfort.
- Free Parking available.
- Interested in carpooling? Let me know or post in the Facebook Event.
Dance Healing is going to Dance Camp Northwest!
August 19-26* | Fort flagler, Wa: directions
Now in our sixth year, Dance Camp Northwest is creatively based on the hugely successful Dance New England which began 40 years ago to birth and nurture the ecstatic, free, and barefoot dances peppering the planet today. We join the movement toward creating dance camps to serve, deepen and evolve humanity by interweaving our tribal roots into one earth community.
*Dance Healing is on Sunday, August 26 2:30 - 4:30pm